Our church is overseen by our Shepherding couples. These men and women are examples of faithfulness and service, and we are blessed by their leadership.
Bernard & Alicia Krogsgaard
These two met and married (1986) in Lubbock, Texas at Sunset School of Preaching. Bernard was born in Radville, Saskatchewan, and grew up in Regina. He received his B.Ed. from U of R and his B.S. in Bible from Oklahoma Christian University. Alicia was a southern belle school teacher from Alabama. Their first church-planting experience was in Mexico City from 1987-1992. It was in Mexico that Kresten and Ashley were born, August 14, 1989.
Returning to Canada, the family ministered:
- 1992-1999 Glen Elm Church (Outreach Minister)
- 1999-2003 Western Christian College as TEAM director (Training in Evangelism and Missions) Logan was born June 5, 2001
- 2003-2008 Saskatoon Church of Christ (Associate/Youth Minister)
- The "Canadian" years saw the family lead 13 Let’s Start Talking trips to Mexico, Romania, Estonia, Latvia, Croatia, Ukraine, Russia, Japan, and China.
- 2008-2015 Bernard, Alicia and Logan church-planted in Lazaro Cardenas, Michoacan, Mexico.
Presently, Bernard and Alicia are substitute teaching. Logan is in Grade 11 at Regina Christian School. Kresten is an Environmental Engineer with the city of Regina, married to wife Starlet. Ashley is a nurse at the General, married to husband Barry.
Bernard and Alicia’s forte lies in "behind the scenes" activities like small group and individual studies. They have a desire to see people come to know Christ, then grow stronger in their faith. They are interested in representing Jesus to people from other countries. They have a passion to help marriages become stronger, as well as prepare couples for their marriages. We are so grateful to have them as part of our church family and part of our leadership.